posted Sep 4, 2012, 7:00 AM by Jason Brunken
updated Sep 4, 2012, 7:00 AM
Below are the vocabulary we will be focusing on this week. They come from our first story out of the textbook, School Story.
Please take some time to review them.
- publishing (n.) – the business of making books and magazines to sell to the public
- manuscript (n.) – the original copy of a play, book, or piece of music before it has been published
- editorial (adj.) – of or relating to an editor
- pressuring (v.) – to try to force or urge someone to do something
- disclose (v.) – reveal; make something known to the public
- maze (n.) – a group of confusing paths or passages that are connected
- literary (adj.) – of or related to literature (books)
- revisions (n.) – changes or edits to something, usually a piece of writing
- wry (adj.) – funny in a clever or ironic way; showing both amusement and annoyance
- muted (adj.) – quiet; softer; quieter than usual